Clearing Stored Passwords
- Click Start, choose Run, type nusrmgr.cpl and click OK.
- Choose the Advanced tab.
- Choose Manage Passwords.
- Select the usernames associated with Windows Messenger (eg. Passport accounts) and click Remove.
Windows will prompt for confirmation.
- Click Close and then close the User Accounts dialog.
Microsoft Internet Explorer can store website usernames and passwords as they are entered. This can save remembering the passwords for each site you visit, which helps foster the concept of using different passwords for different sites. However, the stored passwords mean anyone who uses your system can access the web sites' content, so some or all of the passwords stored by the system may need to be removed.
To Clear All Passwords
- In Internet Explorer, choose Internet Options from the Tools menu.
- If you wish to prevent Internet Explorer storing passwords in future, uncheck User names and passwords on forms.
- Click OK to close the Autocomplete Settings dialog.
- Click OK to close the Internet Options dialog.
To Clear Individual Passwords
- Open Internet Explorer and go to the page containing the password.
- Keep pressing DOWN until the password in question is highlighted.
- Answer Yes when prompted.