Manually Updating Carrier Settings in iTunes
iTunes will occasionally prompt that there is a “carrier update” for an iPhone and upload it to the device. These updates enable or disable settings as appropriate for the carrier. However sometimes there is a need to manually apply a carrier settings file (*.ipcc), although the functionality for this is not exposed in iTunes by default.
- Close iTunes.
- From the command-line, run:
"C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
(depending on where iTunes is installed.)
Nothing will appear to happen; this command only sets a preference value.
To update the carrier settings:
- Attach the iPhone and open iTunes. Wait for synching, backup etc to complete.
- Click on the device in the left-hand pane.
- Under Summary, hold down Shift and click Check for Update.
By default, this prompts for an iOS image (*.ipsw) to install.
- Change the file type to iPhone/iPad Carrier Configuration File (*.ipcc).
- Choose the desired file.
- Shut down the device when completed.