Outlook — Using Views to Manipulate Particular Message Types
In Outlook, the Deleted Items folder contains various data types — messages, contacts, appointments and so on, whereas most folders contain only a single type. Thus if an attempt is made to move more than one type of item from Deleted Items, Outlook will prompt: “Creating a new item from the selected items could take some time. Are you sure you want to create a new item from these (n) items?”. This makes it awkward to relocate many items as they need to be dealt with in batches of a single type of item.
One way to deal with this is to create a view which shows only a single type of item, and that makes selecting a large number of items more reliable.
- From the View tab choose Change View → Manage Views.
- Click New and provide a name.
- Click Filter → Advanced.
- Click Field and choose All Mail Fields → Message Class.
- Set the condition to is (exactly) and enter the message class as required. For example, IPM.Note for messages.
- Save the view and then switch to that view.