Linking organisation and people - the "key contact" status
An organisation can be linked to multiple people. Then for some actions (such as creating emails and mailing labels), you can then choose to send to all people linked to an organisation, or just the key contacts. By default, all people are marked as a “key contact”.
If you have the Cadzow data linked to an internet or intranet solution (using Cadzow Weblink), then the key contacts will be clearly marked on screen.
Changing the key contact status for a linked person
- Load the organisation you are interested in.
- Click on the PEOPLE/ORG button.
- Find the person you are looking for, and double click on their POSITION.
- Tick or untick the NOT KEY CONTACT field as appropriate.
Rather than ticking the key contacts, you are are really ticking the people that ARE NOT key contacts. This is by design. It means that all people are initially key contacts (even for those organisations with a single person), then you decide who isn’t. This is to save you work in the long run.
Using Enquiries to find organisations with multiple contacts
- From the MAIN MENU, choose CONTACT MANAGER / ENQUIRIES.
- Under ADVANCED SEARCH CRITERIA tick LIMIT TO THOSE WITH MULTIPLE PEOPLE.
- Choose NEXT STEP and you will be presented with all the organisations with more than one linked active person.
You can then:
- Load an organisation by double clicking on it. If you want to work through all the resulting organisations, double click on the first one in the list, then you can use the ARROW buttons (at the top of the screen) to move through the organisations (which will be purposefully limited to the Enquiries results list).
- Print a list showing the key contacts: under REPORTS, tick the SIMPLE LIST REPORT and tick LINKED ORG AND PEOPLE. Then click the PRINT PREVIEW button.
Copyright © 1996-2023 Cadzow TECH Pty. Ltd. All rights reserved.
Question/comment about this page? Please email email@example.com