iPhone/iPad: Folders Imported from IMAP Account Not Visible
If you import messages from an IMAP mailbox into a Microsoft Exchange/Office 365 hosted mailbox, some folders may not appear in iOS (iPhone/iPad). Typically the default folders (Inbox, Sent Items etc) and any folders created after the import will appear, but not those imported.
This occurs because folders are flagged with the attribute IPF.Imap instead of IPF.Note.
To restore their visibility:
- Export the mailbox to a personal folders file (PST) as a backup.
- Obtain MFCMAPI.
- Review these instructions.
- Wait for Outlook to complete syncing the mailbox.
- On the iPhone/iPad, go to Settings → Mail, Contacts, Calendars and tap into the mail account.
- Next to Mail, set the slider to “off” (this may take a few moments).
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Set the slider back to “on”.
The folders should then be visible.
See also: Outlook: Messages Imported from IMAP Account Not Visible.
Copyright © 1996-2021 Cadzow TECH Pty. Ltd. All rights reserved.
Question/comment about this page? Please email email@example.com